Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sad and Happy

Sad and Serious News First:
Brandon's cousin's son was diagnosed with Acute lymphoblastic leukemia yesterday. He is three years old and his name is Brayden. He starts chemotherapy today. Could you please, please, please keep him in your prayers? Although this type of cancer has an 80-85% survival rate (hallelujah!), it is still a very difficult time for the family --as you can imagine.
Thank you!
----------------
Happy and Fun News Second:
My sister went to The Pioneer Woman's cookbook signing in Sugarhouse last week. Not only did she meet Ree and Ree's SIL Missy, but she got her picture taken (along with her friend) and it was shown on Ree's blog yesterday! HOLY COW! Here is the picture:

Here is the link if you want to see Ree's recap of her SLC book signing. And the picture again. My sister is famous! Well, sort of.

I'm so jealous. I would have loved to have been there! And to have met Ree! In my sister's defense (since I can't believe she didn't tell me she was going), she didn't know if I read The Pioneer Woman.
Obviously, she and I need to catch up a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother had ALL. He is, as you know, alive and well today. But it is a very hard and scary thing for a family, especially parents. My heart goes out to them. God bless them all, especially Brayden.