Thursday, July 24, 2008

Memory Meme

Bythelbs did this memory meme. I think my sister might have done it once. Or someone else. A lot of you have done it, gosh darn it! And I'm bad at remembering to do the meme's. Not sure why--I just am. But bythelbs would give me grief (in a very kind, non-confrontational way), and so I figured I better play along. Nobody wants the wrath of Bythelbs! (and if you know her, you know I'm totally making things up, what with her super-duper kindness and all...)

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I have had together. It doesn’t matter if you knew me a little or a lot—anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I’ll assume you’re playing the game and I’ll come to your blog and leave one about you.

So, what kind of memories do you have about Cheryl, that Happy/Crazy mama? Is it my wit? My beauty? My unrelenting need to post about everything that crosses my mind? Perhaps you enjoy my brilliant writing? Or, maybe those memories are bad? Did I ever push you in a mud puddle? Or steal your boyfriend? (Ha! Like I could ever steal a boyfriend! Ha! That's rich...)

Anyway, memory away!

P.S. Coming up later today: I Was Born To Be a Rancher. No, I'm Not Kidding.

8 comments:

Jani said...

It was eight years ago, and I have a whole summer of memories! Let's see, is it the trip to Lisa's wedding? Hmmm, no. . . . Is it doing Glen projects with you while Denice, ahem, complained about our new job? No . . . It's gotta be Ghetto Superstar! And if I had a scanned photo on this computer you bet I'd post a link so all your blogging friends could see you in all your glory. Love ya, Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

Bah--Blogger ate my comment and now I have to try to recreate!

As I was SAYING, there are just so many wonderful memories, it's hard to choose! But I do remember the time, still early in our friendship, when you had written something on my Facebook wall so I was responding on your Facebook wall and I wrote, "I love you how..." when I meant to write "I love IT how..." and I was so embarrassed that that would be on there for all your Facebook friends to see and that you would think I was all creepy and weird for declaring my love for you so early in our relationship. But I do, of course, love you. Snaught!

Anonymous said...

I remember soooo many band trips and how lonely I felt on the drum line but at the same time how proud I was of you when you got Drum Major. :) Cuz this one time, at band camp.....

Blogging and Bliss said...

Well I will always remember you as The fun goofy girl who played piano for choir and graciously took me into your little group of friends! Thanks! Polly

Janelle said...

I remember Cheryl bearing her testimony in RS and talking about PPD, I thought you were so brave!

And then I thought you were brave when you lost all that weight.

And then I thought you were brave when you declared yourself an author.

I think Cheryl is brave.

Also I don't know if I'll be playing along... Sometimes I get shy.

Lizzie said...

I remember the first time I met Cheryl... Wayne and I went to Kevin and Suzie's wedding reception, and Wayne wanted to introduce me to his boss Brandon, who he had talked about so many times, and his wife... Cheryl! So we sat at a table with them the whole time, and Cheryl just talk talk talked about anything and everything, and I was completely amazed! I sat there thinking "This is the most comfortably outgoing person I've ever encountered... she does know we just met 5 seconds ago, doesn't she? Shouldn't we be enjoying slightly awkward small-talk for at least the next few meetings?". I was in complete awe. I've since learned that Cheryl is one of the most socially comfortable people ever born. Go Cheryl!

flip flop mama said...

I remember first reading your blog and thinking I would like to get to know this girl better. But I was too nervous to email you or anything. Then lo and behold the next day I get a random email from you! That was cool.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I remember seeing your name randomly on MMW. And then your sis said that you had seen my name on her blog...and then I came to your blog...and then I spent the next few days reading your entire archives...and thinking, "Wow, this girl is totally amazing." And I left some comments, and you welcomed me to your blog, and then you came to my blog, and you left me some comments, and I felt so cool. And then I got to brag to everyone about how I was meeting CHERYL! And then we met, and it was so easy to talk to you and for me to just be myself. Ah, good times.