Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Number One!

#1 was born on April 21, 2001, after 13 hours of labor. I had spent the 2nd BYU Reading Day (Friday, April 20th, 2001) waiting to go into labor. All day I waited. Nothing happened. So, we invited some friends over. Minutes before they arrived, POP! My water broke and I burst into tears. It wasn't supposed to be that way! But luckily for me, it meant she had to be born. It was my easiest labor (epidural from beginning to end), but most confusing, since obviously, it was my first! She had the most amazing hair --dark and thick --and the feelings I had seeing my first child were just overwhelming. Within seconds, we named her --and I felt so blessed.
Luckily for us, she arrived on the weekend. Yep, it was good because we both had finals that week! I finished up my last two finals on Wednesday, and Brandon and I graduated on Friday! #1 was 6 days old.
Now, 7 years later, she is my greatest asset. She's the best helper, the best peacemaker, and the best daughter anyone could ask for. She's smart (not braggin'!), talented (you should see her draw!), and has one of the strongest testimonies of the Gospel I have ever seen. We butt heads a lot --but that's due to the fact that we think and feel alike. It's frustrating at times, but I wouldn't change it for anything. She's a part of me, you know? I love her the way she is, and I know her dad does, too. :)
Happy Birthday, #1! We love you so much.

8 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

She's beautiful. Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl! I hope your birthday celebrations are fab-O!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday #1...BTW...she is one beautiful girl!

Lizzie said...

It's mini-Cheryl! I'm always amazed at how much she looks EXACTLY like you! It's like, was Brandon even a part of that? Happy Birthday #1!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday! She looks so much like you, Cheryl! And guess what? It's my Lily's birthday today, too! What a fabulous day...

flip flop mama said...

Happy Birthday! Hope she has a fabulous day!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Happy belated birthday #1, what an awesome daughter you are for your mom & dad. :)