I love American Idol. But I've only voted twice. That's right. Twice.
I'm what you call an AI mooch. I take and take and take and take, but I just can't seem to give back. I want certain people to win, but I can't force myself to pick up the phone. I usually just forget. Yes, it is a sad malady. The worst part? I've been watching American Idol since Season One. That's right, people --I'm a true fan. Sort of. Remember the part where I don't vote? Yeah, anyway...
This season looks pretty good. I think they are overhyping it when they claim it's "the best season ever!!" But I hope it's better than last season. And I hope people vote for the best singers. (Since I don't do a good job of it.) I felt really bad for the sick girls last night, though. That's gotta be so hard --singing with bronchitis. I know, because my lungs seem to love bronchitis.
My favorite picks so far?
- Alaina Whitaker (simply amazing)
- Brooke White (genuine and sweet --oh, and Mormon! Yes, I'm biased like that)
- Ramiele Malubay (wow, she can blow!)
- Alexandrea Lushington (she is just so fun to watch; there's no awkward moments)
- David Archuleta (sincere. And I think he's also Mormon)
- Jason Castro (so unique! I loved his performance and his hair)
- David Cook (cool rocker, although his smile's a bit big)
- Robbie Carrico (very cool; I like his style)
- Michael Johns (sort of --but only because I know he's better than he was last night)
What do you think about the new season of American Idol? Are you a Fan? Do you vote?
P.S. By the way, the two votes of mine? They were for Clay Aiken in season two (for the finale) and last year for Jordin Sparks (in the finale). Why? Beats me!