Thursday, January 17, 2008

Odds and Ends

Anniversary Celebration
No time for a romantic dinner out (i.e. 5 piano students, Young Men's night), so we decided to have lunch in. Brandon whipped up an amazing Indian meal (aloo gobi, chicken madras, mushroom curry, chili beef and naan bread) for us. I set the table with my grandmother's china and some candles. We then sent #2 and #3 to the play room and we enjoyed 30 minutes of romance. #4, of course, was there to serenade us with lovely sounds of "Ehhe-ra-ba-ba-ehaa!" It was a prime example of life with small children, this effort at romance during the day. Worth it? Oh, absolutely, yes.

Oh. My. Hair.
#1 has decided she is old enough to do her own hair. I knew this day would come, but it's hard to swallow the words I'm thinking. Usually it's "What the heck is wrong with your hair?!?!" Instead, I'm proud to admit that I just say "Thank you for doing your hair!" Hey, at least it's brushed.

The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell
I read one of the best books I have ever read. Was it the prose? The daring adventure? Romance? Nope. It was about the Atonement of Christ, and I can safely say that I never truly understood the Atonement, at least not in the immense personal aspect, until I read this book. I hope it has changed my life. I say "hope" because I know I'll need to read it more than once to fully grasp the concepts. Of course, I'm not advocating that this book is, or even should be, a substitute for the scriptures or continuing revelation. But it sure gives light and understanding to those struggling to understand. You know, people like me. :)

I like Romney
He won Michigan (yes, everyone already knows this). I am happy. By the looks of my poll, I think a lot of you are, too!

1 comment:

Amanda D said...

A romantic lunch sounds like just the ticket...glad that you were able to enjoy it!

I dread the day when my daughter decides that she can do her own hair. I have enough trouble with it. Right now, we do it every Saturday and it takes a couple of hours...

I'll definitely add that book to my to-read list! Anything that helps me understand more is good. Thanks for the recomendation.