Highlights of the week:
- My sister had her baby on Friday! Yay! She had another boy, and so now I have 3 nephews (2 are hers). The only downside is that I have no idea when I'll get to see him, since they are in Utah. ~sob~
- Book Club was Thursday night. We talked about Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. Good book! Go here to see a picture of us havin' a ball at Mary's Pizza Shack. If you notice, I'm holding a cute baby, and so you can't see my face. But thanks to Denae for having a picture! I'm terrible at photographing my life.
- Piano lessons are swelling! 4 1/2 months ago, I had three students. Starting in the Fall, I will have thirteen!
- UPDATE ON WEEK FIVE! DH:16.8 and Me: 11.0
- Ooh! Friday night, DH and I took the girls (left the boys with a sitter) and went to the Woodminster Theater's "The Wizard of Oz". Children were admitted free for every paying adult. The girls LOVED it! It was so fun and light. They really kept the play fun for all the kids they knew would be there.
But yesterday was AWESOME.
We had chores in the morning ("Yes, you have to do your chores! We do them every Saturday! Stop whining!") and then we all settled down to watch High School Musical 2. I know a lot of people had parties the night of, but we had the play, so we opted to record it and watch it at our leisure. (Since we don't have church until 1PM today, they're in there watching it again!) At first I was a bit concerned --the dialogue sounded forced. But by the time we were half way through the movie, I was hooked! I also saw that they are going to make a Third one. Hooray for the genre of musicals making a come-back!
After we watched the movie, DH decided we had been housebound too long. We all jumped into the car (much to this anti-spontaneous woman's chagrin) and headed towards Jack London Square. We hit traffic just before Orinda, and so, with our hungry kids in tow, we pulled off into Orinda and found a charming Mexican Restaurant. It was perfect! The kids loved the food, DH and I shared fajitas, and the price was reasonable. During dinner, DH and I decided to fore go Jack London Square, and instead went driving around in the hills of Orinda/Lafayette. We found this community of very posh homes (Wowza! They were expensive!) and this tiny little empty park. It was great; we got out and the kids had a ball. After taking #2 to pee behind the bushes (and hoping that there weren't any of those Posh home owners watching), we played a rousing game of Freeze-tag on the grass. DH and I were laughing so hard --our kids are adorable! #3 would anticipate getting tagged and just stand there laughing, which would make us laugh, and on and on...Man, it was fun! Afterwards, we drove through the farming/ranching parts of the area and made it home before 9PM. It was a fabulous day.
DH often has to remind me that even though I hate spontaneous outings, when they are over, I talk incessantly about how much I loved what we did. But that's okay. I like that system. :)
Well, today we were supposed to be in Utah for a friend's farewell. But we couldn't go. It was too far and too hard to figure out the logistics. It makes me sad. Luckily, I'll be there before long. DH has season tickets to the BYU football games (yes, his awesome obsession! I say awesome because I approve), so he'll get there before I do, though. ~sigh~
Okay, that's all for now. Golly! Now I know why I need to blog more than once a week. Too much to talk about! And the more to talk about, the harder it is to link them together, and the less intelligent I sound...