Friday, January 13, 2006

The 5 year itch?

We will be celebrating our 7th anniversary on Monday. Seven years! Granted, it doesn't seem like it could have been that long, but at the same time, it feels like forever. I do not have a 7 year itch. I believe I had a 6 year itch. Or maybe it was a 5 1/2 --6 1/2 year itch. I'm thinking that it was really hormones, to tell you the truth. Or lack thereof -- After giving birth 3 times in 3 1/2 years, my body is kind of whacked. It's slowly getting back to normal, but for some reason, I felt a little indifferent about my relationship with my husband. Not anymore. I want to be with him forever. He's my soul mate and my best friend....
This experience of the "itch" has shown me what I learned in college --everything has a cycle. Marriage can be a cycle too, and it has it's ups and downs....and like the stock market, if you buy out too early, you miss the real wealth later on. So, to keep plugging along, even in the down times, will pay off in the end. Of course, I'm not talking about abuse in any form, just marital satisfaction, respect, and love. Anyways, that's my plan. I'm in it for the long haul, rain or shine. But wait, isn't that what vows are? Promises to stay together no matter what? That's my plan.

No comments: