Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Writing and Living with Real Intent

Do you remember when I mentioned how I have been asked to write for a new blog? Well, today it has launched!

Let the rejoicing begin!

The new community forum/blog, Real Intent, is a place where 24 LDS writers (including me!) share a journey of discovery through the experimentation of faith. While I'll still write here (of course), my work will appear on this larger platform as well. I'd love to have you visit the site, join the conversation there, and tell others about it. Please spread the word!


We are creating a place of faithfulness online, where we address issues of personal faith, strengthening families, and engaging in our communities with Real Intent - with an assumption that our talking will help each of us to be better, to do better, and to help one another in our discipleship.

The title "Real Intent" has been taken, quite literally, from Moroni 10:4 in the Book of Mormon:
"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost."
When we ask with real intent, we intend to act upon the answers. We are asking in faith, and through that faith, we will be moved upon to act --to become better, to become closer to God. 

Bonnie, the amazing brains behind this project has started us off with an incredible post. Go to the site, and join the conversation! 

And, of course, please come see my posts (my first one is already up in the archives! The link to it is right here) as well as many other amazing writers. Honestly, the men and women I have the privilege of writing with has me overcome with humility and gratitude. I'm really excited! 

2 comments:

Amanda D said...

Congrats, Cheryl! That is very exciting. I hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to write so much? I'm half as busy as you and I can barely crank out one blog per fortnight. You're an inspiration!